Fundraise for GWG
Did you know that we are a registered 501(c)3 non-profit? That means that the majority of the funds we use to run our programs come from donations and fundraising. You can fundraise for us in two ways – passive and/or active fundraising.
Passive fundraising includes simple ways that you can help out GWG, without donating any of your personal funds, or hosting a fundraiser. Just doing things you’d normally do you can help us reach our fundraising goals!
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support GWG every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon donates a portion of the purchase price to GWG.
To add GWG to your Amazon Smile account:
- Log in to smile.amazon.com with your usual Amazon credentials.
- Go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Select a Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Select a Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select Girls With Guts.
Pro Tip: Install the Chrome add-on which will automatically direct you to smile.amazon.com each time you shop Amazon! *This is not available for items purchased in the mobile app.
Kroger (Michigan Only)
If you’re a Kroger shopper in Michigan, you can help us out by buying your groceries and gas like you normally do.
To get started:
- Go to krogercommunityrewards.com and sign in, or create a new account.
- Click My Account, and then use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click Edit Kroger Community Rewards information, and then add your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter Girls With Guts, select the organization from list, and then click Girls With Guts to confirm.
To verify you are enrolled correctly, Girls With Guts’ name should appear on the right side of your information page.
Active fundraising means that you take the action on yourself to host a fundraiser, or actively spread the mission of GWG. The following list includes some popular active fundraising activities you can do.
- Host your own fundraiser! Donate your Birthday. If you’re birthday is coming up, you can always “donate your birthday” to GWG via Facebook. When your birthday comes up, click Fundraisers from your Facebook home page and create a fundraiser for GWG.
- Participate in GWG hosted fundraisers. Keep an eye out for fundraisers and events that GWG hosts throughout the year. Keep up-to-date on our GWG-hosted fundraisers, like our virtual 5K, on our Events page.
- Spread the word. Tell your friends/family/co-workers about GWG and how we’ve impacted your life. You can print out our informational brochure or wear a GWG shirt!
- Donate. We promise that every little bit counts and truly makes a large impact for our organization and for the clients that we help.
*All donations (personal or from a fundraiser) are tax deductible!